MNPTA’s Legislative Day is a great opportunity to promote your profession and make your voice heard. You will have a chance to learn about how legislation affects physical therapy and speak directly with your elected officials to advocate for your profession. Please join us!
We are excited to invite everyone to join us for Legislative Day free of charge this year.
Please follow these three easy steps to register for Legislative Day.
- Make an appointment with your Representative and Senator
- Visit http://www.gis.leg.mn/OpenLayers/elect/ to find out your State Senator and Representative
- Call your Minnesota Representative and Senator's office
- Ask if an appointment has already been made for the Minnesota Physical Therapy Legislative Day
- If an appointment has already been made, ask to be added to the appointment
- If an appointment has not been made, make one- between 10am and 3pm is best, but if the only time you can get is outside of that time frame, please take the appointment
- Email us about your appointment
- Please email email@example.com and let us know your name, district, and appointment times
- Register for the event
- Click on the "Register Today" link to the right and complete the registration form
Registration will begin at 7:30am on Wednesday, February 6th. Registration will be held at the Kelly Inn (161 Saint Anthony Avenue, Saint Paul, MN, 55103), just across the street from the capitol. Please plan to park in the Kelly Inn parking lot for the day free of charge. At 8:30am, there will be a presentation about MNPTA's legislative priorities in 2013 and advocacy skills. Around 10:00am we will walk across the street to the Capitol for the meetings with our legislators.